Sparrows rocky road

Meet Sparrow, a 6-year-old male Jack Russel who came in recently after an exciting morning at the park.  Sparrow was out on his morning walk when he came across a delicious treat of rocky road on the ground. Before his owners were able to stop him, he consumed the lot which resulted in him paying us a visit.  

On consultation with the vet, it was decided that the safest thing to do was to induce vomiting to make sure the delicious chocolate treat didn't cause any problems for Sparrow. 

For sweet lovers, chocolate is an indulgence that can result in a few extra inches on the hips. However, even a small amount of chocolate to some cats and dogs can be devastating. As well as a high-fat content, chocolate contains caffeine and theobromine. These two stimulants, affect the central nervous system and the heart muscle, as well as urination frequency. 

Sparrow was such a brave boy, despite his fears of the vet and we are pleased to say that he has made a full recovery at home.

Share